Prep/Cook Time: 60mins
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 (435g packet) Carême Sweet Vanilla Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- 170g dark chocolate
- 400ml Thickened cream
- 80g Unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- cocoa powder, to serve.
- Preheat oven to 165°C fan-forced (185°C conventional).
- Unroll the pastry, place it onto a lightly dusted work surface, then dust with flour.
- Line a 35cm x 13cm rectangular tart tin with the pastry, gently pushing it into the tin, then line pastry with baking paper.
- Fill tart tin with baking weights, making sure to fill the weights to the top of your tart to support the sides and base during baking. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tart from the oven and carefully scoop out the baking weights, then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to ensure the base is cooked. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
- Place the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Add the butter and whisk until the mixture is smooth, glossy and combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell, smooth over with a spatula, the transfer to the fridge to chill 2 hours.
- Once set, dust the top with good quality cocoa powder before serving.