Besides its unique flavour and fragrance, guava has been hailed as one of the super fruits due to the numerous health benefits it offers. It indeed is a powerhouse of nutrients. “This humble fruit is extraordinarily rich in vitamin C, lycopene and antioxidants that are beneficial for skin.
1) Improves your immunity – Guavas are one of the richest sources of vitamin C, containing four times the vitamin C content present in oranges. A single, medium-sized guava offers two times the daily requirement of vitamin C
2) Lower Risk of Cancer – The anti-cancer or anti-tumour property of guavas has been linked to presence of compounds including lycopene, quercitin, vitamin C and various polyphenols present in them
3) Good for diabetics – Study suggested that guavas improve as well as prevent the development of diabetes. Apart from the insulin-like activity that guavas possess, their rich fibre content and low glycaemic index makes them extremely good for diabetic patients as well. While fibre content ensures the sugar levels are well regulated, low glycemic index inhibits a sudden spike in sugar levels
4) Has anti-ageing properties for your skin – Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and antioxidants like lycopene and carotene helps protects your skin from wrinkles and fine lines
5) Improves heart health – Guavas improves the sodium/potassium balance of the body, thereby regulating blood pressure in patients with hypertension.
6) Helps treat constipation – One guava fulfils about 12% of your daily recommended intake of fibre, making it extremely beneficial for your digestive health.
7) Helps improve vision – Vitamin A helps keep your eyes in good condition, and also helps improve your vision
8) Good for pregnant women – Guavas contain folic acid, or vitamin B-9
9 ) Helps you relax- Magnesium present in guavas helps in relaxing your nerves and muscles
10) Good for your brain – Contain vitamin B3 and vitamin B6, which helps in improving blood circulation to the brain and relaxing your nerves.
There are no reviews yet.