- Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer short ribs to slow cooker and pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Add carrots and onions to pan, and cook, mixing occasionally until browned. Add garlic and ginger and brown until fragrant, 1 minute more. Remove from heat and deglaze with reserved soy sauce mixture, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours, or until the meat is very tender and falling off the bone.
- Garnish short ribs with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Spoon sauce over rice and serve.
Grocer with a Cause
Singapore’s premium alternative Gourmet, Organic, Gluten-free, Allergen-friendly & Preservative-free specialty foods store!
Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery for orders $150 & above.
Apply WELCOME15 promo code after sign up to enjoy 15% off your 1st order. T&C applies.