- Pre-heat the oven to 120°C.
- Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper and the spices.
- Sear the beef in a little oil from all sides until well browned.
- Place the beef on a roasting tray and spread with mustard, and 2 tbsp each of the fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for about 1 hour 20 minutes or until core temperature reaches 50°C.
- When it reaches the desired doneness, drizzle the roast with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the rest of the herbs including the parsley. Plan ahead as the roast will have to rest at least half hour before serving.
For the sauce:
- Deglaze the roasting pan with beef stock and red wine, scraping off the pan.
- Reduce the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- While keeping the pan on the stove, add the room temperature butter without boiling the sauce.