- 1 pack of spinach & nutmeg linguine
- 1 tablespoon garlic flavoured olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup streaky bacon cut into lardons
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons chopped dry parsley
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place pan on low heat and render bacon lardons till crispy. After that, remove the bacon and drain the oil.
- Heat up olive oil and butter together.
- Fry shallot and garlic till translucent.
- Deglaze with wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, capers and pepper. Allow to cook covered for about 15 minutes or till sauce reduces by half.
- Meanwhile, boil some water in a large pot, season with salt, and cook for 4-5 minutes or till al dente.
- Check sauce for seasoning and adjust. Be careful not to over salt this dish as the bacon is already salty. Pour your perfectly cooked pasta into sauce and mix. Scatter the chopped parsley over pasta dish.