RED WINE JUS DIRECTIONS:
- Trim steaks of any excess fat and sinew and set aside.
- Place meat trimmings in a cold fry-pan on a low heat and render all the fat away. The meat will gradually brown and become golden and crispy.
- Add 1 sliced onion, bay leaf, rosemary or thyme sprigs, cover with beef stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for an hour or so. Or for as long as you have. NOTE: If you only have 30 minutes that’s fine, just increase the heat a little to reduce the stock. Strain and reserve the liquid. You can even do this the day before.
- Cook the steak to your liking, remove from the pan and place in a warm place to rest – remembering the rule of thumb is to rest for as long as the cooking lime.
- Add the strained trimmings liquid, 150ml of our BASKETCASE PINOT NOIR GLAZE to the meat juices in the pan. Heat slowly and throw in a knob of butter. Allow butter to melt into the jus.
CAMPFIRE ONIONS DIRECTIONS:
- Combine the flour and our BASKETCASE CAMPFIRE BBQ RUB.
- Toss sliced onion rings into the beaten egg and coat in the flour mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil or spray and air fry until crispy golden. Reserve.
Serve steak with the crispy Campfire Onions. We also like to serve this meal with crispy sauteed potatoes made using our BASKETCASE ROASTED VEGIE SPRINKLE.